World Day and Night Map
How does this map work?
- ☀ A picture of the Sun's zenith position, measured from the observer's vantage point (zenith).
- As seen from the perspective of an observer, the position of the moon is at its zenith.
- The time on the map is in the UTC Time Zone.
- The moon icon on the map changes according to the moon phase.
- There is light that you see on the map, and it is the light that comes from the sun (daylight).
The closest locations to the sun (zenith) coordinates
These below are the closest locations to the sun's zenith location on the earth map. So the distance below isn't the distance between a location on earth and the sun. Instead, it's the distance between the sun's coordinates on earth and the closest locations to the sun's zenith location.
|Location||DistanceFrom Moon coordinates on The Map||Degree||Direction|
|Bukit Merah||1,781.02 km||26°||North Northeast|
|Addu City||1,936.97 km||318°||Northwest|
|Alor Setar||2,008.59 km||16°||North Northeast|
|Cap Malheureux||2,221.83 km||273°||West|
|Anuradhapura||2,225.64 km||339°||North Northwest|
|Ainaro||2,390.38 km||68°||East Northeast|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||2,408.20 km||40°||Northeast|
|Biên Hòa||2,473.94 km||23°||North Northeast|
|Bangkok||2,521.61 km||13°||North Northeast|
|Angkor||2,561.32 km||18°||North Northeast|